Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break Like A Boss: Part 1

Usually I like to "avoid mere plot summary" as they say in AP English analysis essay advice, but I just HAVE to document this.

 Right at this moment I am relaxing on a vintage-looking couch in Washington, DC. I'm here with my whole fam, and we're staying in a little rental house. All these old houses are so stinkin' cute I can't even stand it!


From the moment we piled into our rental car, I haven't stopped saying things like "Oh look how cute that house is!" and "Oh look at those blossoms!" I've never felt like such a girl in my life, but I guess that's just as well. Except my siblings were starting to get annoyed. Meh. They still love me I'm sure.

Okay so the really cool part was this morning. We went to the nearest LDS Church for sacrament meeting. I didn't expect to get a lot out of it, which is ridiculous, but I was kinda thinking "oh, I don't know these people, it's probably a little different here . . ." I don't even know what else. But, my friends, I was terribly wrong.

For one thing, I definitely appreciate my ward choir a lot more now. But that's not the important part.

And, something suuuuuper cool, (but still not the important part), Harry Reid was there! (For all y'all sane people who don't involve yourselves with American politics, he's the senate majority leader).

And now, the important part: The gospel is true, guys. A young couple spoke and they were both awesome speakers. But the girl, WHOAH. She said exactly what I needed to hear. I mean EXACTLY. I wish I could get a copy of her talk and frame it on my wall.

The point is, it doesn't matter where you go - the gospel is as true here as it is anywhere else. And God can speak to his children and tell them what to say, and what to hear, too.

Yeah, pretty bodacious stuff. 
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were going to D.C.! I love it there. I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete