Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blind Car Handles

So I kind of cheated with the title. This post isn't really about blind car handles. It's actually about turning a blind eye and broken car handles.
But I caught your interest right?
Now you just want me to get to the point, I know, I know.
So. Here's what happened.

Once upon a time, actually a few weeks ago, it there was a very cold morning. My car door was frozen shut. It's always been sticky anyways, but frosty mornings make it quite a feat to open the door. Or in this case, nearly impossible. Why was it nearly impossible? Because about the third strong tug broke the handle clean off. Just snapped. I just stood next to my car and said,

"what?"

then I laughed. Then I got into my car through the passenger side. And I didn't fix my handle until 2 weeks later.

I stuck with the pattern of getting in through the passenger side the whole 2 weeks, knowing that I must have looked like a complete fool. Every time I got in my car at school, at home, at the store, wherever, I knew there must be somebody guffawing at how ridiculous I looked pulling all sorts of strange positions to slide over into the driver seat.

The thing is, though, I don't think anyone really noticed. I don't think I got one strange look the whole time. At least, not one that was obvious. I think when people see you going towards your car, they don't actually watch you get in. They just assume things are normal. We turn a blind eye to irregularities we don't expect to be there. Crazy. I know.

Anyway that's the story. And the lesson. And the refreshments (PSYCH NO REFRESHMENTS FOR YOU).
Okay folks that's it.
Really.
That's the end.
What more can I say about this?
Seriously, I'm done.
KBYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment