Monday, September 5, 2011

Aw, Shucks...

Wanna know what I did for 3 1/2 hours today?

Picked, then shucked, and shucked, and shucked corn.
Yummmm-y!
I love corn. Home-grown corn on the cob is the one thing you can grown in your own backyard that's like sweet nectar of the heavens. Corn on the cob became the sole reason braces were a nuisance to me (well, that and flossing. So stinking tedious!). But Dad, really, we don't need to plant a whole field. I swear he wants to grow enough corn to eat 4 ears, 2 meals a day, for a year, until the next crop comes in.
P.S. I'm not complaining. Because now all that corn is in my freezer. And I will be munching on it in the winter and all of you will be gazing at me listlessly, drooling.

Call me a redneck, but this is my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment