Friday, July 13, 2012

The Vacation Paradox

This is a confounding paradox that has plagued me for years.
Okay it's not really a big deal, but it's just something I've thought about.

Vacations are a time to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, right?
Well all I know is that when I go on vacation, I just feel more overwhelmed when I get back, because of all the things I missed. (Especially during school...yikes).

Then of course, when I'm on vacation I want to be lazy about my appearance. I'm not going to take up extra space in my suitcase for my blowdryer, you know what I'm sayin? BUT wait. When do you take the most pictures in your life? Oh yeah, when you're on vacation, because you're going to these cool places and you want to remember it!

I'm speaking from personal experience here: sometimes you want to show everyone these great pictures of you standing next to a beautiful, enormous redwood tree, except it's the ugliest picture of you ever, so you decide not to. But then your mom puts it on your family Christmas card and you have to live with the shame. For. Ev. Er.

I've named this conundrum The Vacation Paradox, because it is REAL, people.


1 comment:

  1. Umm I framed that Redwood picture to give you as an apartment-warming gift. It's my favorite........this is awkward.

    ReplyDelete