Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Bucket List

I know this is what's going through your head right now:
"Uh, you know summer's almost over, right?"
Of course, you rabid porcupine! (I don't mean that - just quoting Psych...haha)
The point is, this isn't your average "bucket list". This is like no other bucket list you've EVER SEEN!
...You'll see what I mean.
And, presenting:

Aub's Summer Bucket List 2011

-Soap
-Water
-Corn seeds
-Weeds from the flower bed
-Water balloons
-Burned out sparklers and fireworks
-Dirt
-Ice cream
-Laundry detergent
-Sponges
-Car-washing brushes
-Ropes
-Lake water
-Crawdads
-Tomatoes, corn, green beans, squash

This is actually a list of things I put in, see inside, or store in a bucket in summertime. This is not, as most peoples' are, a list of what I was to accomplish before summer's over. In fact, that would make it a complete misnomer. It's called a bucket list because it's what you want to do before you "kick the bucket". So, unless you're planning on keeling over once school starts, (which, don't get me wrong, is perfectly plausible for most of us) it technically shouldn't be called a "summer bucket list".
So there you go, a deceiving bucket list turned soapbox. Don't get your britches in a twist over it.

Oh yeah, here's another "summer playlist" song. Or two. I've been listening to Weezer and Oasis a lot lately...here are my faves of the day from them.
"Burndt Jamb" by Weezer

"Roll With It" by Oasis

No comments:

Post a Comment